About the program:
Our Pain Management Program is designed to improve patient’s confidence and independence with daily tasks, exercise tolerance, reduce patient’s pain, educate patient’s on living with pain and reduce the risk of long-term disability. Through our comprehensive rehabilitation service our rehabilitation team will develop an individualised pain management plan tailored to your needs.
Who can benefit from this program?
Patients who suffer from chronic or persistent pain (pain that has last for months), patients who have had a recent exacerbation of their pain and patients who have decreased independence with activities of daily living due to their pain.
The program aims:
Each patient is assessed individually by our rehabilitation team under the direction of an accredited Rehabilitation Specialist, who together will develop a rehabilitation plan according to the individual’s particular needs. Our multidisciplinary team will work with each patient to help them regain independence and resume their day to day life.
The aims of our Pain Management Program include improving:
- Ability to live with pain and reducing level of pain
- General muscle strength and flexibility
- Physical, psychological, and social recovery
- Lifestyle and reducing risk factors
- Successful return to work, home and recreational activities
Our team will work in collaboration with you, your GP and other specialists to achieve a holistic assessment and integrated treatment regime dedicated to minimising the effect of disability.
This program may include:
- Gym based exercise with graded activity aimed at progressively increasing general strength, endurance, functional and mobility
- Hydrotherapy to reduce pain and improve activity with pain
- Occupational Therapy focusing on retraining safe self-care techniques, organising equipment and ensuring safe home set up for discharge
- Information about medication management
- Education on pain
Members of our experienced multidisciplinary team include the following health professionals:
- Exercise Physiologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Rehabilitation Physicians and Medical Officers
- Rehabilitation Nurses
- Clinical Pharmacists