We welcome the presence of family and friends and realise that this is an important part of the recovery process. We ask that visitors are mindful of all patients when visiting the hospital.
Kindly observe any signage and instructions relating to the use of mobile phones and electronic equipment in the hospital, as some devices may interfere with medical equipment.
Visiting hours are Monday to Sunday 10:00 am till 8:00 pm. Arrangements for visiting outside these hours may be made in consultation with the Rehabilitation Manager or Nurse in Charge.
In special circumstances, in room accommodation can be provided at an additional charge.
Directions and Parking
Please see directions and parking information on the Contact Us page
Hospital patient and visitor COVID-19 policy
Visitors are not required to wear a mask on entry to The Sydney Private Hospital , but it is recommended that masks be worn if visiting vulnerable patients or if there are any respiratory symptoms. In some circumstances a staff member may request visitors to wear a mask. We appreciate your co-operation.
Visitors will be permitted if they:
· have not tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 7 days.
· have not tested positive for another acute respiratory infection in the last 7 days.
· are not a high risk or household/close contact of someone who has had COVID-19 within the previous 7 days.
· do not have COVID-19 or other respiratory infection symptoms.
· have not arrived from overseas within the last 7 days.
Patients who have travelled overseas within the last 7 days, should advise the hospital or their doctor before their scheduled appointment or surgery.
Screening: Patients being admitted to The Sydney Private Hospital are not required to have a PCR COVID-19 test 72 hours prior to admission unless they are:
· Considered a close contact
· Have infectious COVID-19 symptoms
· Have returned from overseas in the last 7 days.
The PCR negative result will need to be presented on admission. If in any event you receive a positive result or have tested positive within the previous 7 weeks, kindly contact your surgeon as soon as possible.