We welcome the presence of family and friends and realise that this is an important part of the recovery process. We ask that visitors are mindful of all patients when visiting the hospital.
Kindly observe any signage and instructions relating to the use of mobile phones and electronic equipment in the hospital, as some devices may interfere with medical equipment.
Visiting hours are Monday to Sunday 10:00 am till 8:00 pm. Arrangements for visiting outside these hours may be made in consultation with the Rehabilitation Manager or Nurse in Charge.
In special circumstances, in room accommodation can be provided at an additional charge.
Directions and Parking
Please see directions and parking information on the Contact Us page
COVID-19 Visitor Policy
Patients will be screened for COVID-19 risks prior to admission, including ascertaining their vaccination and risk status. Due to the evolving situation, these protocols outlined below are subject to change. We encourage you to contact either your treating doctor or relevant hospital to confirm specific requirements:
- PCR testing is not required for patients.
- Rapid antigen testing is required for the following patients:
- Asymptomatic unvaccinated patients being admitted for an overnight stay. (Unvaccinated patients are at increased risk of significant illness.)
- Patients in high-risk contact category.
- Asymptomatic patients who have been diagnosed with COVID in the past 30 days do not need to undergo testing on admission.
If the VMO wishes to continue with PCR testing prior to admission, this can be done at their discretion and organised directly from consulting rooms.
All visitors will be screened on entry to The Sydney Private Hospital and must wear a mask and follow the advice of staff at all times.
Patients will be permitted 2 nominated visitors for length of stay.
Visitors will be permitted if they:
• Have had at least two doses of the recognised vaccine (unless they can provide a medical exemption)
• Have not tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 7 days
• Are not a high risk contact *of someone who has had COVID -19 within the previous 14 days
• Do not have COVID -19 symptoms
• Have not arrived from overseas within the last 7 days
*High risk contact is someone who has spent more than four hours in a home or accommodation premises or care facility with someone who has COVID-19