About the program:
Our Neurological Reconditioning Program is designed to improve patient’s confidence and independence with daily tasks, exercise tolerance and to educate the patient’s following a neurological event or exacerbation of an illness. Through our comprehensive rehabilitation service our Neurological Reconditioning team will develop an individualised neurological management plan tailored to your needs.
Who can benefit from this program?
Patients who have Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy or patient’s who have had a recent neurological event such as a stroke.
The program aims:
Each patient is assessed individually by our rehabilitation team under the direction of an accredited Rehabilitation Specialist to see whether they are suitable for the program. Together they develop a rehabilitation plan according to the individual’s particular needs. Our multidisciplinary team will work with each patient to help them regain independence and resume their day to day life.
The aims of our Neurological Reconditioning Program include improving:
- Mobility and balance
- General fitness
- General muscle strength and flexibility
- Physical, psychological, and social recovery
- Lifestyle and reducing risk factors
- Successful return to work, home and recreational activities
Our team will work in collaboration with you, your GP and other specialists to achieve a holistic assessment and integrated treatment regime dedicated to minimising the effect of disability.
This program may include:
- Gym based exercises with graded activity aimed at progressively increasing general strength, endurance, functional and mobility
- Occupational Therapy focusing on retraining safe self-care techniques, organising equipment and ensuring safe home set up for discharge
- Dietetics involving education about healthy eating
- Information about medication management
Members of our experienced multidisciplinary team include the following health professionals:
- Exercise Physiologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Rehabilitation Nurses
- Rehabilitation Physicians and Medical Officers
- Clinical Pharmacists
Access our referral form here